Saturday, August 6, 2011

Domino, the Book of Decorating


I am a magazine junkie, and I have a very special collection of magazines from all parts of the world. Some will never even grasp one bit of understanding for my love for magazines, but magazines...oh, they have a very special place on my shelves! I remember when the premiere issue of Domino Magazine, was delivered to my address.
 It was the Spring of 2005, and  I was packing up to move from the United States back home. Having already packed seven suitcases of clothes, my magazine collection up to May 2005 had to be left to my little niece to watch over it. I brought with me only four of my favorite Vogue issues, and of course that fabulous premiere issue of Domino. That was just about enough to start a whole new collection. However, getting a print copy of Domino was impossible in Bosnia, so I continued to follow their fabulous web site...up until the moment Condé Nast decided to shut down both, the magazine and the website, due to unprofitability. Myself, as many of the other faithful fans of this magazine were heartbroken. Elle Decor, Vogue Living, Brava Casa, with all due respect, you’ve got nothing on Domino!
So, when I started thinking about redecorating my apartment, a few months ago, I got a copy of the book by Domino editors Deborah Needleman, Sarah Ruffin Costello and Dara Caponigro - Domino, the BOOK of DECORATING,  that epitomizes everything the magazine was really all about.

It is a simple room-by-room guide to creating a home that makes you happy, giving you the tips and tricks on finding your own style and incorporating your personality into each corner of your home. This book sits on my coffee table, and I flip through it every so often, and I find it so inspiring over and over again.
These are just some of my favorites from the book...




...if you’d like to see more, get this book here! And, all of you reminiscing about Domino Magazine, visit the Flickr Group The Domino Magazine, and enjoy the lovely photos collected by those still having this magazine at heart, at one place!

Love, 
Black&WhiteHeaven

~ 2 comments: ~

Carmen Vogue says:
at: August 14, 2011 at 6:51 AM said...

Thanks for doing this post. I have been debating on whether or not to purchase this book. I guess I will have to get this sometime soon. I loved the magazine.

Lynn

CARMEN VOGUE

B & W Heaven says:
at: August 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM said...

The book is great, I am loving it! You should definitely get it.

+

About

‘’DANCE- as though no one is watching you. LOVE - as though you have never been hurt before. SING - as though no one can hear you. LIVE - as though heaven is on Earth.’’ - Audrey Hepburn

Contact

If you are interested in sponsorship, marketing or else, please e-mail me.