Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Love, etc.


‘’Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.’’
Emily Kimbrough

I never did like reading articles with titles starting with ‘how to…’.  Among all the ‘how to-s…’ out there, my least favorite are the ones pertained to love and relationships. However, I do occasionally try to read some of them, thinking that maybe there is something I don’t know yet, but even if I finish reading them, I always end up with the same thought ‘I knew this’, or ‘A total non-sense'! 
This morning, as I was getting my usual business info, I’ve stumbled upon an article ‘Getting him to do what you want’ /it does not start with ‘how to…’, but it’s definitely a ‘how to…’ article!/

I read all three pages of it, and guess what? For the first time in my life, as I finished reading it, I did not think that I knew anything at all! I was in shock actually, as I learned, for the first time in my life that: 
- ‘love is not a feeling, love is an action’
- among ’10 easy steps in negotiating your true value with your partner’ number 9 is ‘taking notes  while negotiating with your boyfriend, husband or love partner’
- and the biggest shock of all: an option to ‘download the material on resourcing and negotiating your true value and overcoming your relationship challenges’.

First of all, I refuse to classify love as solely an action. 
Love
[luvh]
- noun
     - a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

In my book, love is definitely an emotion that you feel with every atom of your being. And yes, you may need to go through some actions to show it to the loved one(s), but it is not, and can never  be defined just as an action.
I refuse to believe that we need relationship counseling from all sorts of experts out there /today, I learned there are so many/. I still want to believe that when two people love and respect each other, they will find a way to overcome any challenges that come their way.

And, why would I want to get him to do what I want? If you ever catch yourself trying to figure out ways to get your partner to do what you want, and start reading ‘how to…’ articles on the subject, just run away…and get yourself one who will do it on his own, because it makes him happy to see you smile and for whom you will be doing the same! 

Finally, what ever happened to doing what WE want? 

Love,
Black&WhiteHeaven

~ 0 comments: ~

+

About

‘’DANCE- as though no one is watching you. LOVE - as though you have never been hurt before. SING - as though no one can hear you. LIVE - as though heaven is on Earth.’’ - Audrey Hepburn

Contact

If you are interested in sponsorship, marketing or else, please e-mail me.