Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crêpes à la moi



I had my ups and downs with healthy eating habits. I make a decision to make sure I eat healthy, but mostly I turn back to skipping breakfast, eating too many snacks, and very soon my decision is far forgotten. Many of us do that, right? 

About a couple of months ago, I made the same decision. Once again. And, to be honest with you, this is the longest period of my eating healthy. Ever! So, I figured I should share my food with you…uuuhmmm, just kidding, you’ll have to make your own! Crêpes à la moi is what I had for breakfast this morning, and  it’s quite easy to make.  
Let’s start cooking!

1. Making the Crêpes 

- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of water
- a bit of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- flour {as needed}

+ Mix all ingredients except the flour. Then, start adding the flour  {one tablespoon at the time} and keep whisking until you have a smooth batter {you can use a whisk, or just a fork}.

+ Add a drop of oil into the frying pan and heat it.  Pour or scoop the batter onto the frying pan, and cook about 2 minutes, each side.

2. Making the filling

- 1 middle size onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- sour cream
- salt
- Mediterranean Spice Mix {you can buy it, or make your own}
- 1 fresh rosemary spring, leaves picked 

+ Cut the onions, yellow pepper and cherry tomatoes
+ Fry the onions in the lightly oiled frying pan until light brown, then add the pepper and cherry tomatoes
+ Add salt and the Mediterranean Spice Mix and fresh rosemary leaves
+ Keep cooking until the vegetables are tender and the edges are browned {about 20 minutes}

After you are done with the filling, roll your crêpes, and decorate them with the remains of the filling and sour cream.

There you have it, enjoy!

~ 0 comments: ~

+

About

‘’DANCE- as though no one is watching you. LOVE - as though you have never been hurt before. SING - as though no one can hear you. LIVE - as though heaven is on Earth.’’ - Audrey Hepburn

Contact

If you are interested in sponsorship, marketing or else, please e-mail me.